DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2000 Intrepid has codes P0344, p1684

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  robin321 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Intrepid with the 2.7L engine in it..I got P0344, p1684 Codes today.
At that time I drive my car on uphill, my car has a little gas ,the gas light on, suddenly the Engine feels like stop just one seconds,then Malfunction light on, but the engine still was running well. I full tank and driver my car 2 minutes, the Malfunction light turn off.
I know that codes are Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittant and oil sensor Circuit Intermittant. what I should do? Shall I need to change them or just keep full tank?
Thank you very much!

#2 ·
Welcome robin - Sorry your first post is because of car trouble.

I find intermittant cam sensor for 0344 too. Now 0344 doesn't show that it will set off the Check Engine Light(CEL). But 0340, which is related, WILL set of the CEL

1684 is battery loss in the last 50 starts. If you disconnect your battery, this code will get stored, but no CEL. Some of us theorize that some malfunctions also cause this fault code to be stored in memory. Because some people get it and know they haven't disconnected the battery recently.

I would check the connector to the cam sensor and if its on tight and looks okay, then maybe change out the Cam Position Sensor. They are fairly cheap and you could do it yourself with simple hand tools

#3 ·
Thank you "04IntrepidSXT"
In this web site "http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_540049/tm.htm"
Scott tell egstandard that code P1684 is Metering Oil Pump Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
I never disconnect the battery recently 3 months (3 month ago I changed a new battry) ,and my car's oil sensor light not shinning before starting, so I don't think P1684 is battery loss in the last 50 starts. Do you have some other advice?

Sincerely yours

robin321

#4 ·
Robin,

Since the car is running fine now, I would just clear the codes and try to fill up as soon as the fuel light comes on. If you have any more trouble related to the Cam Position sensor, I would replace it.

#5 ·
Code P1684 refers to a battery disconnect, but I believe its also a "check code". My battery hasn't been disconnected in over 2 years, yet everytime my CEL comes on for my EGR, the egr code pops up along with the P1684. On other vehicles, I've seen other definitions for P1684, including that oil one you mentioned. All codes P0xxx are universal for all makes and models. P1xx codes are manufacturer specific, so whatever the manufacturer assigns to it might be different than another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.