2004 Chrysler Concorde Limited - - Page 2 - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michgan
Posts: 133
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patel.748 View Post
We all know pretty much what has to be done to an LH regardless of the model and year. You can easily sell it for more on the open market compared to here. People that have sold their cars on this site with EXTENSIVE mods sell it for far lower than what they can get out in the open market. They usually care for the car and wish it goes to a good home compared to getting the highest bidder.

If you try to sell it here, you better be dag on sure to have good answers to the questions asked and even more important, evidence to back up your answers. Senior Members know exactly what to look for in terms of cosmetic, maintenance and common mechanical issues.

"Rust Belt" cars will go for far less...that is a fact.



Your driving into a Rust Belt state... and that is considered "North"
Ok so anytime some one drives a car to a northern state it is no longer a southern car? Even if u live in the southern state and the car resides in the southern state?

I would say I have plenty familiarity with the cars, being this is my 4th lh car. Sadly I know more about a 2.7 than I would like, do to some extra bonding time with it. Lol

Last edited by zstroken; 06-12-2012 at 08:06 PM.
zstroken is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Patel.748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 8,450
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
Yea, but if u read the ad" car has been in southern mo since 2007". Other than the last month car hasn't been in michigan.
It does not matter. Once it's driven in the area where salt is used on the roads you have just potentiated the effects of metal decay compared to a car in the west or south (away from the coast though).

Last edited by Patel.748; 06-12-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Patel.748 is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michgan
Posts: 133
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patel.748 View Post
It does not matter. Once it's driven in the area where salt is used on the roads you have just potentiated the effects of metal decay compared to a car in the west or south (away from the coast though).
I guess we learn something new everyday. I could have sworn the frequency and duration of the exposure to road salt would have impacted the decay.
zstroken is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Patel.748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 8,450
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I guess we learn something new everyday. I could have sworn the frequency and duration of the exposure to road salt would have impacted the decay.
Yes, that is also a cause. But, if you go through a salt road and then you don't go through a salt road again you still have given the fuel for rust to happen. Unless you get your car up on a lift and power wash the undercarriage there is nothing guaranteeing that you will not have rust show up...

Hence why west/south west and south cars have the maximum ability to deter rust from road salt. The coastal portions get salt/rust damage due to the ocean.

The last 2 winters my car has not seen a crystal of salt and I power washed and cleaned the undercarriage very meticulously before it went to storage. Rust still showed up from the previous winters road salt... hence my point.

Last edited by Patel.748; 06-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Patel.748 is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michgan
Posts: 133
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patel.748 View Post
Yes, that is also a cause. But, if you go through a salt road and then you don't go through a salt road again you still have given the fuel for rust to happen. Unless you get your car up on a lift and power wash the undercarriage there is nothing guaranteeing that you will not have rust show up...

Hence why west/south west and south cars have the maximum ability to deter rust from road salt. The coastal portions get salt/rust damage due to the ocean.

The last 2 winters my car has not seen a crystal of salt and I power washed and cleaned the undercarriage very meticulously before it went to storage. Rust still showed up from the previous winters road salt... hence my point.
Lol, ok, and how do u know that the rust wouldn't have showed up on yours even if it never saw any salt? U don't, u are assuming that the previous salt is what caused it. Your assuming also that this car was driven in salt previously as well.
Just putting salt on a car won't make it rust. Allowing it to sit on the car will.
zstroken is offline  
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Patel.748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 8,450
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
this thread has run it's course...
Patel.748 is offline  
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
300maximilien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 2,015
Feedback: 11 / 100%
                     
300maximilien is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Bad Ass

 
Duds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 22,184
Feedback: 12 / 100%
                     
I hear water running.
Duds is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 51
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                   
Looking at a car similar to this, 2003 Blue Limited, from a dealer with 104K and price of 3999. Not sure of its condition yet. Considering this or a 2004 300M. It is for my daughter who is really short, so the memory seats come in very handy when needing to switch drivers.

FYI, is there a way to tell if the timing service has been done? When checking on the 300M with 108K on it, in the phone conversation the dealer said they don't know, they weren't the ones who owned it. So how can we tell what has been done when buying from a dealer?

Also, the mechanic who works on a lot of my cars over the years works out of his garage and says he replaces belts for $200 labor, I bring the parts, so it shouldn't be too costly. I have a 2004 Concorde Lx with 93K so it is about time I get going on that one too I suppose.

Last edited by FlyingBoat; 08-16-2012 at 01:44 AM.
FlyingBoat is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Intrepid Modder
 
zerokool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 568
Feedback: 1 / 100%
                     
pics are worth a 1000 words.

the HEADLIGHTS ALONE on a 02-04 concorde can be worth 1000 a pair by themselves. depending on condition. ive seen them for sale with broken brackets for 350$ ish.
zerokool is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 51
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokool View Post
pics are worth a 1000 words.

the HEADLIGHTS ALONE on a 02-04 concorde can be worth 1000 a pair by themselves. depending on condition. ive seen them for sale with broken brackets for 350$ ish.
Yikes! Not sure I want to buy another one then after all! And I guess if my pristine 2004 LX engine goes bad I should just part it out.

I do see that the front lenses look very foggy on some. Is this what you are talking about? Reading about them, it sounds like they can be cleaned up with some work, but then they go foggy in a year anyway. I suppose is it those that are left out in the sun that get so bad? My 2004 looks like new, but Father In Law, probably had it garaged most of its life.
FlyingBoat is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
get off my lawn


 
DrDodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smyrna , Tn
Posts: 15,448
Feedback: 6 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokool View Post
pics are worth a 1000 words.

the HEADLIGHTS ALONE on a 02-04 concorde can be worth 1000 a pair by themselves. depending on condition. ive seen them for sale with broken brackets for 350$ ish.
really,, $1000.00 a pair???? I want some of what your smoking
DrDodge is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michgan
Posts: 133
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat View Post
Looking at a car similar to this, 2003 Blue Limited, from a dealer with 104K and price of 3999. Not sure of its condition yet. Considering this or a 2004 300M. It is for my daughter who is really short, so the memory seats come in very handy when needing to switch drivers.

FYI, is there a way to tell if the timing service has been done? When checking on the 300M with 108K on it, in the phone conversation the dealer said they don't know, they weren't the ones who owned it. So how can we tell what has been done when buying from a dealer?

Also, the mechanic who works on a lot of my cars over the years works out of his garage and says he replaces belts for $200 labor, I bring the parts, so it shouldn't be too costly. I have a 2004 Concorde Lx with 93K so it is about time I get going on that one too I suppose.
Think your LX car is the 2.7, if it is the 2.7 it doesn't have a belt...
zstroken is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michgan
Posts: 133
Feedback: 0 / 0%
         
BTW car is for sale here is the ad.

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/cto/3441004751.html
zstroken is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Bitches be like...


 
beeblebrox82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 16,574
Feedback: 6 / 100%
                     
Garage
hah. I didn't know you were that close to me. Nice looking car!
beeblebrox82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
chrysler , clean title

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Random Question

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome