Fuel Rail O-Rings Leaking - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
Paul G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lowellville, Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Fuel Rail O-Rings Leaking

Anybody have any spares or know the part#? 94 ES 414k miles.

Further investigation revealed that it is the small o-ring by the regulator. In the rear of course!

Dealer was no help!

Last edited by Paul G.; 08-24-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Paul G. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!

 
cdmccul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Garrison, ND
Posts: 15,412
Feedback: 18 / 100%
                     
I'd try your local Napa, to be honest... It is available as part of a Felpro kit - but I think you have to get the full o-ring kit. It does NOT include the o-rings between the metal tubes and the plastic fuel rail manifolds though.
cdmccul is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
95intrepid99kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,203
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
Anybody have any spares or know the part#? 94 ES 414k miles.

Further investigation revealed that it is the small o-ring by the regulator. In the rear of course!

Dealer was no help!
Just don't drive the car there!!
95intrepid99kid is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
Paul G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lowellville, Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmccul View Post
I'd try your local Napa, to be honest... It is available as part of a Felpro kit - but I think you have to get the full o-ring kit. It does NOT include the o-rings between the metal tubes and the plastic fuel rail manifolds though.
It is the o-ring for the metal tube to the fuel rails in the rear where the pressure regulator is.
Paul G. is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Adpros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: East Saint Louis Co
Posts: 1,757
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
Is this a 3.5L?

If so, all the fuel rail o-rings are part of the recall kit. Should still be available at the dealer.

EDIT: Recall # 790

Dealer Recall # is RC-790-99 P/N CAXJ7901

Last edited by Adpros; 08-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Adpros is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
Paul G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lowellville, Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adpros View Post
Is this a 3.5L?

If so, all the fuel rail o-rings are part of the recall kit. Should still be available at the dealer.

EDIT: Recall # 790

Dealer Recall # is RC-790-99 P/N CAXJ7901
Yes it is a 3.5. My dealer said that they had the whole kit for $40. I'm trying to get away a little less than that. I plan on selling the car and don't want to put a lot into it!
Paul G. is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Adpros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: East Saint Louis Co
Posts: 1,757
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
Yes it is a 3.5. My dealer said that they had the whole kit for $40. I'm trying to get away a little less than that. I plan on selling the car and don't want to put a lot into it!
Recalls are at the manufacturers cost. No time frame there. If it's leaking, they should fix it for you N/C.
Adpros is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
Paul G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lowellville, Ohio
Posts: 1,037
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adpros View Post
Recalls are at the manufacturers cost. No time frame there. If it's leaking, they should fix it for you N/C.
Good point!
Paul G. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome