I replaced the battery on my trep by the end of June. I think it had the factory unit and was giving some trouble.
Went to Advanced/Discount Autoparts and got their brand. Replaced and the car worked fine.
Couple of days ago, the car started taking some extra time to start and the cranking was slow. Yesterday it simply did not turn.
Had no time to check so I took my wife's monster to work (16 MPG
Today, I removed the battery and found the connector to the positive completely loose and the bold corroded.
Took the battery to AutoZone for a test (load test). Their machine said the battery was fine.
Replaced with new connectors and cables and reinstalled the battery. NOTHING.
When I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump for a couple of seconds. The interior lights are working, the ODO displays fine and the lights on the panel come fine when I turn the key. When I try to crank, I can hear the solenoid clicking hard but no turning. And the clock in the radio goes black. Interior lights flick.
Jump it with my wife's monster = SAME THING.
Keep it jumped for more than 45 minutes, tried again = SAME THING.
I am borrowing my son's VW Passat for tomorrow, and plan on removing the batt on Saturday and taking it to Advanced/Discount for a charge or change.
Somebody suggested that it could be a bad starter, too.
Any suggestions? Could it be the starter? Or just a bad battery?
Thanks in advance