Found it...fixed it. Real easy. I did another search and found a thread that located the sensor very easily. It is actually attached to the front grill with a plastic clip/rivet, just to the left of center, in front of the AC condenser. Easy to remove the clip from the front, and removing the RF headlight gave easy access to change the sensor.
btw...when I switched the overhead console to the outside temp it read 154 degrees!!!! Pretty good clue that the sensor was bad.
Anyway, after I replaced it I had to reset the error codes. Just disconnecting the battery only reset the temp on the OH console. I had to do a "full" reset by disconnecting the battery, and holding the key in the "Start" position for 30 seconds (not sure where I heard that, but it seems to work). That did the trick, the CEL is off and the error codes are gone. I do have to take it for a longer drive, however, to be sure it doesn't happen again (that'll really piss me off!!)