Sorry you're having trouble
You can read up on it in the Service Manual. The link to it is in my sig. Go to Part A, section 8F, page 12 and you will get the following instructions:
The battery is accessible without removing the right front wheel and tire assembly.
(1) Verify that the ignition switch and all accessories are OFF.
(2) Turn the steering wheel to the full right position.
(3) Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
WARNING: NEVER GET UNDER A LIFTED VEHICLE IF NOT SUPPORTED PROPERLY ON SAFETY STANDS.
(4) Remove the air cleaner housing. Refer to the index for the location of the procedure.
(5) Remove battery splash shield. Refer to the Body section of the service manual for the procedure.
(6) Disconnect the heater blanket cord, if equipped.
(7) Remove the two short bolts from the battery hold down and remove the hold down.
(8) Disconnect the positive battery cable from the battery.
(9) Slide the battery toward rear of vehicle.
(10) Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
(11) Remove battery from vehicle.
My Haynes manual includes removing the wheel and pulling the battery out the wheel well. I think If I could keep from jacking the vehicle and removing the wheel I would
Try Mozilla Firefox with adblock plus for a more ad-free experience