Originally Posted by MeanMugga
Does anyone know how hard it is to remove an Intrepid fender? What tools is needed and how long it might take?
Front fender removal is not overly difficult, but does take time:
you need to:
1. Remove the wiper arms
2. remove the torx screws that hold the plastic colw cover in place and lift them off
3. Undo the front bumper cover - one bolt at the top, 3 plastic "rivets"
4. Remove the front side skirt - one philips screw below the centre post and the skirt join (you may need to remove the other screw beside it that holds the rear for clearance, but not normally); one plastic rivet under the front door lower hinge; two plastic rivets in the fender well; go under the car, to remove the 4 plastic retainers that go up into the rocker panel; pull out at the bottom & lift up toward the roof to release the two pegs in the top underside.
. Support the hood, & remove the hood strut
5. Remove the 10MM bolt at the bottom of the fender that was behind the skirt
6. Remove the 2 10MM bolts under the bottom of the front that holds it to "frame"
7. Gently pull out the inner plastic fender liner from the fender lip
8. Remove the 10MM bolt that you will find about 1/2 up the inside of the fender on the brace that holds it to the lower cowl
9. Remove the 10MM bolt that holds it to the upper cowl by the top door hinge - here you need about a 18" entension with either a flex end or a universal to reach it
10. Remove the 2 13MM bolts, the 1 13MM hood strut mount, and the 1 10MM bolt that secures the rad support to the fender
11. You should now be able to carefully lift the fender out at the bottm, then up to clear the upper frame rail.
Note that you don't need to fully remove the front bumper cover unless you are doing both fenders. There is enough flexibility in it to release the cover support that holds it just about the centre between the fenderwell and the headlight.
Think that's all.