DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Engine Cleaning!!!

10K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  rapide 
#1 ·
Moving onto the next thing on my cleaning list before winter, does anyone have a decent tutorial on how I would clean an engine, without screwing things up? I'm new to this, go easy on me:glum:

But, anywho, Any details, items used, locations of those items, and how to finally do it, I would greatly appreciate any help for it. (I say that alot. Also noticed I ask alot of questions, hope you guys don't mind.)

Thanks everyone

#8 ·
When I did mine I used a diluted mix of purple power and water (I dont remember the ratios sorry) and I would spray the whole engine down with that and then would give it a nice scrub and then rinse it down. Afterwards I would dilute out some of this....http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MTH0/05316/N0460.oap?ck=Search_N0460_MTH_1400566_291&mn=Mothers%28R%29&mc=MTH&pt=N0460&ppt=C0209

with some water (just pour some into another bottle with some water, once again I dont remember the ratio) and then spray the engine down and let it sit. Not only will the protectant bring a real nice deep color and shine to everything but it will also leave it smelling like cherries! :D

This is how mine came out...

#12 ·
With all my vehicles I've used a 50/50 mix of Purple Power and water. I spay everything down in the engine compartment with the solution and let it set for about 5-10 minutes. Then I hook my hose up to my hot water heater and rinse everything down with hot water. After everything is good and rinsed off and I'm satisfied that everything is clean I spray on Armorall, close the hood and let everything air dry.

#14 · (Edited)
With all my vehicles I've used a 50/50 mix of Purple Power and water. I spay everything down in the engine compartment with the solution and let it set for about 5-10 minutes. Then I hook my hose up to my hot water heater and rinse everything down with hot water. After everything is good and rinsed off and I'm satisfied that everything is clean I spray on Armorall, close the hood and let everything air dry.
How does one do that? :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

However the only place I trust Armorall is underhood.

I did my cleaning with Spray Nine... and a TOOTHBRUSH!!!!! Spray, sit 5-15, Scrub like hell, rinse gently, armorall. Here's the results:
Before:
:barf:

After:

It worked quite well. *you can see where I used the ArmorAll on the P/S Valve cover, but not the D/S for comparison... tomorrow is detailing day though, so all will be fixed!

#16 ·
Once I got the engine clean (engine cleaner and scrubbing), I use mild soap and pressure wash the motor. While it's still wet, I take about a 1/3 bottle of Armour All and completely spray down anything plastic. Drop the hood and go for a 10 minute ride.

the water base Armour All mixes with the wet motor parts, and dries pretty evenly. Might need to wipe down afterwards.

#18 ·
Ohhhhh. LOL

Well that's easy. I just use an old spray bottle (like an old Windex bottle or you can get a spray bottle at your local Walmart for like a buck) I fill it up halfway with water then the rest of the way with Purple Power. Then I just go to town on the engine compartment. I usually use 75% to the entire bottle on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.