DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

W00h00! OTIS for me!

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Don Hardy 
#1 ·
150 bux from junk yard...pricey by those standards if u ask me.

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah :) that'd be cool! thanx!

now to get my sunroof switches to stay flush, I had to do a little cutting with a dremel on the bezel.

oh and looky there, it's 88 degrees (yes, it's about right) i was sweating badly installing this, for a while i had the car all closed up with the air running with the roof liner pulled down...ugh

now my hands and arms itch from the fiberglass.

#7 ·
i already have it in, i did it late this morning after i got it.

piece of cake.

#10 ·
how easy to install you ask! :)

it was easy!

I cut a hole with my dremel in the console itself to install my sunroof switches.

installed switches.

i cut the roof with a utility knife on the inside border of the mounting plate in there, (way inside, I watched em take the console out of the other car so I had an idea on how large to make the hole)

removed visor to make installing wires easy, popped open fuse box, removed driverside (A pillar?) cover, pulled lights down from roof and disconnected.

I had the wiring harness, but wound up not using it, didnt need it, except for a guide on where to plugin what color wires into my existing harness.

the console has 4 wires to the computer itself, it's all you need. the rest of yer wiring is already there.

I tapped the pink wire into the pink wire that runs to the lights in the console.

I tapped the blue/white wire onto a blue and white wire as well that was already in my existing harness.

ran the other 2 wires (I forget the colors offhand but if u get a console u will see them) into the fuse box into the SAME spots as I removed them from the donor harness into my existing harness. use a pin or a small screw driver blade to pop the connectors out of the molded end to pop into existing harness with no hassle.

plugged everything into console as needed (lights, sunroof controls, Computer! a whopping 3 plugs), plugged harness back into fuse box, applied power and did the happy dance.

on a side note, I tested the console before i installed it to be sure it was gonna work out the way i described above.

this is really it in a nutshell..it was easy, and max 45 minutes work.

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

#12 ·
When I was at the junkyard last time there was a white second gen concorde LXI. I should have looked if it had the full computer and ask the guys how much they wanted for it cause they always yank it and store them. I'll be sure to call on Monday and ask again. If anyone is interested just let me know and I'll repost the price he tells me if he still has it. They have 20 first gen LH cars and ONE second gen LH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.