Here we go.
So in the process of my test fitting after glassing the pods I did end up sanding through enough of the fiberglass in a few spots that it was pretty weak. I cut through in a couple of those spots, carved into the foam, and then used kitty hair to rebuild the sections. It was really just two spots on the drivers pod that really needed this (not clearing the arm rest as easily as I thought). I used the kitty hair to fill in a few other spots that needed larger chunks while I was at it.
In the other areas I thought needed reinforcing I had access to the back after having removed the foam. I added a few layers of glass on both the inside and outside where needed, reinforced seams with a layer of internal glass, and stuffed some more kitty hair into a couple of spots where I wasn't going to realistically be able to add glass. This is all probably overkill, but I build things to be durable.
Then I went ahead and did the full body filler coat. The one pod I did in two parts just because I underestimated how much I'd need when I mixed up the filler. I used rage extreme body filler.
Here is where I'm at now. This is just knocking it down with a rough grit sand paper while it wasn't rock hard (started in green stage and went until happy for now).
Keep in mind these aren't meant to be symmetrical with how they're aimed, but some of that will get evened out in sanding.
Over the weekend it'll be test fitting, sanding, and a little primer to work on sanding to a paintable finish.