Climate Control Display light (TFC Please) - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: hamilton, ontairo
Posts: 3
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Climate Control Display light (TFC Please)

Hello TFC,

you were recomended at the 300M Enthusiasts club for a problem. Specifically, the climate control display light on my 300M comes on and off and now is off most of the time. when I fiddle with the harness at the back, it comes on and off. I am told that there problem is with the circut board, specifically the 3 blue resistors at the top right and their soldering. Can you tell me specifically what the problem is and what I can do to fix it?

Also I constantly have my overhead display say my TPMS needs attention or servicing, when I turn the car on, but after a bit, the display reads the pressure normally... ? Any suggestions about this?

Thank you so much,

Miles
MilesM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Jdnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Whitewater, WI
Posts: 1,245
Feedback: 4 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesM View Post
Hello TFC,

you were recomended at the 300M Enthusiasts club for a problem. Specifically, the climate control display light on my 300M comes on and off and now is off most of the time. when I fiddle with the harness at the back, it comes on and off. I am told that there problem is with the circut board, specifically the 3 blue resistors at the top right and their soldering. Can you tell me specifically what the problem is and what I can do to fix it?

Also I constantly have my overhead display say my TPMS needs attention or servicing, when I turn the car on, but after a bit, the display reads the pressure normally... ? Any suggestions about this?

Thank you so much,

Miles

I'm not TFC but here's what his instructions were and it worked for me so...
1. take the board apart.

2. resolder three risistors numbered 17R8. They are at the top right and corner in the front portion of the board.

3. you are good to go.



As for your TPMS problem, check the spare tire pressure. Failing tht I think you have a sensor thats on its way out.
Jdnet is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: hamilton, ontairo
Posts: 3
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnet View Post
I'm not TFC but here's what his instructions were and it worked for me so...
1. take the board apart.

2. resolder three risistors numbered 17R8. They are at the top right and corner in the front portion of the board.

3. you are good to go.



As for your TPMS problem, check the spare tire pressure. Failing tht I think you have a sensor thats on its way out.
Hello JDNET,

Thank you so much for the help. I have taken the whole thing apart and I am not too sure where to solder. I did kind of scrach the lead with my nail, bringing out the solder from the resistor to the leads and the display light seems to be holding.

for the TPMS, how can I tell if a sensor is dying? I heard on another thread that the problem could be the battery is dying on a sensor? Does that make sense? How do I change the battery? BTW, the spare is ok.

Miles
MilesM is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
sojuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 587
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
For the TPMS, try resetting the sensors on the wheels. I had a situation where I was gettin a bad sensor error and did this and it worked. You have to do all 5 tires to complete the resetting.
sojuro is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: hamilton, ontairo
Posts: 3
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojuro View Post
For the TPMS, try resetting the sensors on the wheels. I had a situation where I was gettin a bad sensor error and did this and it worked. You have to do all 5 tires to complete the resetting.
Hi Sojuro,

Thanks for the reply. I did the reset, no change. I am hoping that one of the tire sensor batteries are weak and need to be changed. Is that something I can do on my own? How do I identify which sensor it is?


AS for the DISPLAY.... its out again. Looks like I have to go in and solder. Can anyone provide specific instructions on where I have to solder the blue resistors???

Miles
MilesM is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Torontofirecaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posts: 3,934
Feedback: 71 / 100%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesM View Post
Hi Sojuro,

Thanks for the reply. I did the reset, no change. I am hoping that one of the tire sensor batteries are weak and need to be changed. Is that something I can do on my own? How do I identify which sensor it is?


AS for the DISPLAY.... its out again. Looks like I have to go in and solder. Can anyone provide specific instructions on where I have to solder the blue resistors???

Miles
The batteries cannot be replaced in the sensors, the unit has to be replaced.
The easiest way to re-solder the resistors is to clamp each one with tweezers so they cannot move, then use a pencil iron of low wattage, get a little electrical solder on the tip and then just touch it to each side of the resistor - just long enough for the existing solder to melt - pretty quickly.
Torontofirecaptain is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Farticcus of Plenticcus
 
shadowvox6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 39.199138,-84.669778
Posts: 17,030
Feedback: 18 / 100%
                     
Miles, welcome to the site...and please stay to contribute to this newly upgraded 300M section.
shadowvox6 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Virginia, U.S.
Posts: 14,265
Feedback: 4 / 83%
                     
Blue resistors:
peva is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Intrepid Newbie
 
Sanjugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Proctorville, OH
Posts: 3
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
This fix should also apply to the climate control on an Intrepid right?
Sanjugo is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Intrepid Modder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: memphis
Posts: 374
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Yes
swalker is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Intrepid Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1
Feedback: 0 / 0%
 
Thanks!

Just wanted to give a big Thank You to JDNET and PEVA for the information on the resistors. I have two of these units (the original and one I bought off ebay) that both had the display go out. I reflowed the solder on those resistor and they both work. Thanks for the great info!!
Zutroy is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Virginia, U.S.
Posts: 14,265
Feedback: 4 / 83%
                     
You're welcome.
peva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome