DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tcm

826 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Great White 
#1 ·
I replaced the TCM w/ a used 1 from the junkyard and my speed still wont work can it wont come outta 2nd gear 'limpmode' changed output sensor also changed trans , filter a put 5 bottles of ATF-3 in still nothing i get codes 3-6-6-5-5

#3 ·
sure didnt

Nope i only changed th output sensor well repair man did b/c w/ knowledge off here th output sensor controls the speedo so i figured that was it but didnt happen but that does'nt explain why my R,D,2,L the lil lites on the dash them are lite up and dont change like the should if u put it in drive then u only see the drive lite on well ALL of my stay on Odomitor still is workin lol its only had 5 blocks put on it in the past 3 weeks .....! Unless its playin games gas gauage still workin heat gauge works too...It ran fine b4 i put it in a garage to change the right wheel bearing and right splashguard i broke the right ABS sensor in the process drove it to repair man had NEW ABS sensor put it never came outta 'limpmode' so next step output sensor then on to a sensor in the tranny its self that the repair man brought up ! TCM from junkyard still no action but different codes poped up the old 1 was only showin code 12 & 55.I changed tranny filter... 5 quarts ATF 3 ........TCM harness was checked a wire on the car was burned out so they replaced that made it come outta lipmode for a few blocks hit stop sign then back to this very speical place 'limpmode' .......

#4 ·
Holy crap! was that ever hard to read! :banghead:
It sounds as if whatever wire they found "burned out" went on you again. Or whatever they "fixed" while repairing the wire. Probably indicates a short somewhere if the wire is melting.
If that's not it, it sounds as if your car has pretty serious issues considering the funky dash problems.

have a look here:
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67019&highlight=input+sensor

and here:
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66346&highlight=input+sensor
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66433&highlight=input+sensor

and finally here:
http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14839

Either way, I think it's back to the mechanic for your car.

Good luck

BJ:anon:

#5 ·
Might be more than one problem there. All the Gear indicator lights being on/circled except when you get to drive indicates a problem with the TRS(Transmission Range Sensor) or the connector/wiring going to it. The bad news is the TRS is inside your transmission and only accessable after dropping the pan. Looking at your codes I assume you have a 1st gen. The transmissions are pretty much the same so it wouldn't hurt to change the input speed sensor and not cost that much. Otherwise it's off to a repair shop for a rebuild or some extensive work. On 2nd gen cars, more extensive codes can be pulled for the engine and transmission. And being as I own a 2nd gen that's all I can offer for your problem. Sorry.

#6 ·
hmm

This all happen'd after i changed the wheelbearing pulled out of the garage and it was in limp mode i thought the ABS sensor tripped it off in2 limpmode. But im at stumped here ive put so much $$ in2 it to jus drop it only thing left to replace that does'nt cost very much is the input sensor but how can u explain it jump in2 limpmode from changing the wheel bearing & the broken ABS sensor. What else could stop my speedo from workin ?? Any ideas !! The repair man said there gotta be a short from the headlites to the firewall & thats bout all he's been able to tell me basicly the car shifts manually but not electrically ...When it go's outta limpmode the dashlites RD2L will power down they have b4

#7 ·
I doubt that changing the wheel bearing has anything to do with the transmission problem. Only way I can see that is if they were messing around in the engine bay or crushed/broke something while it was on the hoist.
I think ronbo is on to something there with the transmission range sensor.
It doesn't sound like you'll be able to fix it yourself, be prepared to spend some cash.

sorry

cheers
BJ:anon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.