Tranmission Cooler Lines [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Tranmission Cooler Lines

Leon22
02-27-2008, 11:59 PM
How many cooler lines are there on a 94 concorde and where are they all located. I ask because two ruber lines down near the lower driver side corner of te radiator seem to be seeping trans fluid. Can I just replace the rubber parts and how many more are there besides the two I saw?

burbillie
02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
When I had that problem with my Concorde I was able to re crimp the line to make it stop. If its leaking at the Crimp,(connection between rubber hose and pipe) you could also carefully cut the metal sleeve that crimped on and just use regular hose clamps. Another option is to go to the hardware store and buy clamps to go over that sleeve. They look like muffler clamps but they come in diameters from 1/4" and up. You probably need something around an inch. Find the tightest fitting one and tighten it up. They usually cost about a buck or two, and should last as long as the hose does. Oh, with the clamps, it may be a good idea to use two and rotate them 90deg to get the best seal, but you may not need it.

burbillie
02-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Also, there should be 2 lines, front drivers side attached to the radiator. The crimped areas are accessible from the bottom of the car, they hang pretty low. You may have more lines if you have a trans cooler.

Leon22
02-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Ah okay, so these are just engine oil cooler lines? I thought they were trans cooler lines since I thought the car came with the trans cooler stock.

otpw1
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
If you use fuel injection style clamps, one per hose will do it. Those are the ones with the machine screw and the flat band. The pressure those are rated for exceeds anything possible on those cooler lines......

otpw1
02-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Ah okay, so these are just engine oil cooler lines? I thought they were trans cooler lines since I thought the car came with the trans cooler stock.

No, they're trans cooler lines...

Leon22
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
No, they're trans cooler lines...

Ah okay, there are 2 I am guessing? One to cooler and one return?

Leon22
02-28-2008, 12:21 AM
I just want to stop the leak cause right now my trans shifts beautifully and I know the Chryslers are known to **** up especially when fluid gets low and what not.

otpw1
02-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Unless you have the add-on factory cooler, then there is an additional hose between the two coolers....

Leon22
02-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, I can get the 2 lines for $40, I wonder if it is worth it to maybe just do that...

otpw1
02-28-2008, 12:34 AM
They are the devil's own to install, I'm told. I just repaired mine...

Leon22
02-28-2008, 12:37 AM
They are the devil's own to install, I'm told. I just repaired mine...

Alright, thanks for the advice. I might repair or I have a good trans shop across the street I might ask them to change them when they drain the oil and change the filter.

Leon22
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I got the fuel injector clamps, I'll see how those work, but they look like they will work. One more question, how many Catalytic Converters does a Canadian 1994 3.3L Concorde have. I am seeing things about left and right and then rear, are the 3 ?!?!?!? In my Hanes repair manual they say there is one, but I thought I would check.

otpw1
03-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Well, I don't know for certain what you have, but I can tell you what to look for. You definately have the 2 pipes in, 1 pipe out converter. The only exception was exports to leaded gas countries.
Look at each pipe going down from the manifold. Most 'treps will have a converter in each downpipe. It will be obvious if it is there.