Replaceing Lug Nuts [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Replaceing Lug Nuts

Mashiekeh
03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Rotated my tires the other day. While doing that i had noticed that most of my lug nuts were too worn to be able to use anymore. I want to replace all of them but have no idea what type or size i need. Does anyone have the specs?
94 Intrepid ES

otpw1
03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Rotated my tires the other day. While doing that i had noticed that most of my lug nuts were too worn to be able to use anymore. I want to replace all of them but have no idea what type or size i need. Does anyone have the specs?
94 Intrepid ES
Stock or aftermarket?
If stock, 611074 dorman 10pack is cheapest way to get the factory acorn style nut. If standard nut 98970 dorman, don't remember bulk #

Mashiekeh
03-05-2008, 02:03 AM
cool!! thanks.. looking at stock right now.. but now i have somewhere to start.

Mashiekeh
03-31-2008, 02:26 AM
I ended up finding some at my local Parts Source for about $1.39 each. Solid not those tin ones.

lhs00
03-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Excuse the threadjack... A while back, a shop replaced some damaged lug nuts on my car, and they started corroding pretty quickly. When I checked them out, the rusty parts were just covers over the structural part of the lug. What's the point of those? (I've since gotten real lugs.)

tooch926
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Excuse the threadjack... A while back, a shop replaced some damaged lug nuts on my car, and they started corroding pretty quickly. When I checked them out, the rusty parts were just covers over the structural part of the lug. What's the point of those? (I've since gotten real lugs.)

They weren't solid lug nuts. Cheapos.