Here we go again. [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Here we go again.

wr450fyamaha
03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Soooooo..... once again, I am here which means I still have the eagle and it still isnt fixed. I drove it once, perfect. Then a couple hours later, I took it for a bit longer of a trip and guess what? Hit limp mode after about 10 miles. Took it back, made sure all the plugs were properly seated...yes. Took it for a spin again, couldnt get out of limp mode. Took it back, poped the hood, jiggled the tranny "spine* of wires a bit, drove it again, perfect..... Could the problem have been a damn short/worn wire the entire time?

Any problem areas to look into? Any ideas at all?

Chewievette
03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Check all of the connectors on that harness. I have seen many of these weather pack connectors break leaving the connection loose. Check both the wire side and sensor side. Also check the harness itself for worn spots that could be grounding a wire.

wr450fyamaha
03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Check all of the connectors on that harness. I have seen many of these weather pack connectors break leaving the connection loose. Check both the wire side and sensor side. Also check the harness itself for worn spots that could be grounding a wire.

Yeah, Ive got to put it off till next week sometime due to a few double shifts at work starting tomorrow........ Ill just have to check over everything top to bottom. I know the sensors are plugged in properly so its got to be something else..... i just cant believe a god damn bad connection has cost me 200 bucks and 30 hours and still no results.

wr450fyamaha
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I almost think its one of the wires that goes to the solenoid pack considering one of the solenoids were malfunctioning.

mass04
03-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Ive got to put it off till next week sometime due to a few double shifts at work starting tomorrow........ Ill just have to check over everything top to bottom. I know the sensors are plugged in properly so its got to be something else..... i just cant believe a god damn bad connection has cost me 200 bucks and 30 hours and still no results.

$200 bucks and 30hrs seems about right. It always seems the case(myself also) that "we" are more convinved to replace part after part than tear open the harness to look for a broken wire. I had the same problem months ago with code 24. I ended up having the smallest freakin nick on one wire to the IAC that was grounding out. But, to find it I had to cut the whole harness open. If you do open the harness I recommended buying some 'friction tape' 3M makes some, its pricey but it lasts and works great. Do not use electrical tape.