Strange electical problem [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Strange electical problem

Z-man
03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I finally replaced my sub-frame bushings, and now I'm having another problem. Every occasionally something odd will happen, and my windows will not roll up/down, the heat/ac won't come on, and my airbag light stays on. The only way to fix it that I have found is to disconnect the battery cable for a bit and reconnect it. Seems to clear out the problems.

It seems to happen whenever I am running the ac/heat and attempt to roll down a window. I'll experiment and see if I can nail down the exact cause, but I thought some one might have encounter similar symptoms and know the cause/fix for it.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but my Check Engine light has been on forever. I have been told that it is most like a bad oxygen sensor causing the light. I don't know but it has been on for a very long time, and the new problem just started.

Any suggestions that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yea, almost forgot
I have 97 Chrysler Concord, that I am unsure of the engine size (I think it's a 3.3 but I'm not certain) The car has about 100,000 miles on it.

1994owner
03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I have a car with the same symptoms - AC/Heater fan cuts out, airbag light comes on, and windows won't work. I can turn the engine off and everything's OK on the restart. I've been told it's an ignition switch problem and jiggling the key does fix it most of the time without a restart. Plan on replacing the switch very soon (like tomorrow) and will let you know it that fixes it.

Z-man
03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks man, lemme know how it goes.

Z-man
03-17-2008, 02:23 AM
I have a car with the same symptoms - AC/Heater fan cuts out, airbag light comes on, and windows won't work. I can turn the engine off and everything's OK on the restart. I've been told it's an ignition switch problem and jiggling the key does fix it most of the time without a restart. Plan on replacing the switch very soon (like tomorrow) and will let you know it that fixes it.

How did it go?