Interior Colors [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Interior Colors

mgkuhn20
09-19-2001, 08:27 AM
I have a 96 White Ext / Blue Interior Intrepid, I just noticed that the interior is Blue up to the B and C pillars and from there up including the headliner, then it is silver or gray. Is this normal? What I am afraid of is that it was rolled prior to me buying it and they could not find blue interior parts so they used the gray. If anyone has the blue interior or has seen it please let me know if this is the way it should be or not.

Thanks Guys

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Mike's 96 Intrepid ]

Warlord187
09-19-2001, 08:33 AM
I don't know about the 1st gens, but my car has an Agate interior, but the headliner and a small portion of the pillars (at the top) are light grey. I bought it brand new so I highly doubt it was in any accident (unless it fell off the truck :) ).

mgkuhn20
09-19-2001, 08:44 AM
Thanks Warlord, I feel a little better now, but then again with the dealers in my area, it probably did fall off the truck.

1mz-fe
09-19-2001, 10:58 AM
i believe with the 1st gens there was only two choices of interior. one was a strange beige, which i have, and don't really like (looks ok with my platinum ext, but i don't really like it), and a deeper gray, like battleship slate. i've never seen any other cars with different colors, nor do i recall seeing any when we shopped for the car. keep in mind this is the cloth interior, i don't know what the options were on the leather.

mgkuhn20
09-19-2001, 11:17 AM
Mine has a deep Blue cloth type material (seats, dash, doors and halfway up) then grey above the doors, of course some old fart payed extra to get the bench seat with column shift, someday I would like to find some buckets and get a console, but so far all I have found find is in gray.

Thanks guys

zeusmsl
09-20-2001, 04:04 PM
Cool! Nice to know that someone else is thinking of converting their column shift to a console shift. Unfortunately I won't be able to start looking for parts until December when I'm home on leave. I hope I'm able to find everything I need too, because the next time won't be for another year. It really sucks being stationed overseas, but still having my car in the states. Aargh!!

mgkuhn20
09-21-2001, 07:08 AM
Hey MP3Trep, what branch are you in, what career field or AFSC and where you staioned? I was in the Air Force for 9 1/2 years in Space Command as a Satellite Ground Station Operator. I was staioned at Offutt AFB, NE and Woomera AS, Austrailia then Buckley ANGB, CO. Finally called it quits when most of our overseas became unaccompianed remotes (2 years Colorado 1 year remote, 2 years Colorado 1 year remote, vicious cycle) not very family friendly, so I seperated and moved home. Good luck with the conversion to console, I just hope you interior isn't blue.

Mike

zeusmsl
09-21-2001, 08:06 AM
Wow! Small world! I'm in the Army. As part of Space Command. Cool to find someone else that was part of the same command as me. :)

Nope, I don't have the blue interior. Mine is tan.