Tire noise [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Tire noise

SPOOK R/T
10-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Any body notice on some Concrete hwy`s the tire noise gets really loud. Most of the time the car has very little road noise. About half what my old Rip R/T had.

300Michael
10-14-2002, 12:00 AM
The same goes for some asphalt roads too. I changed the Tires, added sound deadening. It really helps.

SPOOK R/T
10-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Thats strange i really did not hear any more noise on asphalt roads. What tires did you change to 300Michael?

300Michael
10-14-2002, 11:10 PM
I had the LS's ie trash tires. On the well worn asphalt roads wer just about as bad as the concrete roads. I now have Bridgestone S-03 Pole Postions. I wanted a tire that would give me excellent dry and wet traction and be quiet as well. Tire Rack gave this tire the highes rateing, in the Max Performance Tires. These tires stop much better on wet then the LS's ever did on their best dri day. I have yet to here them complan about my fast corning as well. The only bad is they are priceyer then most and the wear rating is not as good about 200, but that is to be expected on this class of tire.