Charger/Cuda rumors? [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Charger/Cuda rumors?

saildude1969
12-01-2002, 12:01 PM
At the car show this past spring my friends, dad and me came to the same conclusion. With all cars back to back in the same building, the Dodge/Chrysler products make everything else look like boring junk! (with very few exceptions like the T-bird, some Mercedes & Jags, etc...)
And the future looks pretty good too. Two of the rumors I've heard of (and would be excited about if I knew they were true) are the upcoming Dodge Charger based on the next generation Intrepid platform, and the possibility of a new 'Cuda in the near future. Has anyone heard much about this? I've seen a few sketches of the Charger but nothing of the Cuda. If anyone else has other info on these I'd love to hear about it.
Thank you for stopping in!
Tim

DMAG
12-01-2002, 12:17 PM
But the Cuda was a Plymouth...they aren't around anymore.

Maybe as an homage to Plymouth, they could release a model.

Warlord187
12-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by saildude1969
Two of the rumors I've heard of (and would be excited about if I knew they were true) are the upcoming Dodge Charger based on the next generation Intrepid platform, and the possibility of a new 'Cuda in the near future. Has anyone heard much about this? I've seen a few sketches of the Charger but nothing of the Cuda. If anyone else has other info on these I'd love to hear about it.
Thank you for stopping in!
Tim

Check out the Third Generation section. I betcha find some info in there. ;)

saildude1969
12-02-2002, 02:39 PM
Thank you, I heard since that the Cuda was more fantasy than fact but the charger will likely show up by '05. I'll check out that section.
Take care!
Tim

Snatcherchief30
12-03-2002, 07:53 PM
I heard from MOPAR Action magazine that the Charger was likely to come out around 05 as a 2-door based on the LH platform after the LH cars change to rwd. They also gave a hint at a 6.1L Hemi in the new Charger.

saildude1969
12-04-2002, 03:00 AM
A 6.1 Hemi would thrust me to heaven! I'm wishing I had a time machine to go check the Charger out.... with the hopes that it won't look alot like the latest shot of the LX wagon.