Sentry keys [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Sentry keys

JoeKD
12-03-2002, 04:04 PM
What are Sentry keys?

Sentry key is an electronically coded ignition key that sends a signal to the vehicle electronics. If the signal is recognized the vehicle will start and run. If the vehicle does not recognize the signal the vehicle will start and run for 2 seconds then shut off. After 6 unsuccessful attempts the system will shut down until the a recognized key is used.

How do I know if I have Sentry key?

The Sentry key has a very thick rubberish base with either the Chrysler or Dodge logo imprinted. Also, the base of the Sentry key is gray, standard key is black.

I have Sentry key, How do I get replacement or additional keys?

You must use a Mopar Senty keyblank.

How do I program new Sentry keys?

If you already have two valid keys you can program new keys by doing the following:

1: Insert the 1st valid key into the ignition and turn the ignition ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds

2: Turn ignition OFF and remove the 1st key

3: Insert 2nd valid key and switch the ignition ON within 15 seconds. After 10 seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm light will flash

4: Turn ignition OFF and remove the 2nd key

5: Insert the new Sentry key into the ignition and switch to ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime will sound and the Theft Alarm light will stop flashing, turn on for 2 seconds and then off

Your new key is now ready to use. You can repeat this process up to a total of 8 keys

If you do not have 2 keys you must have the dealer program any new Sentry keys