Laws on Underglow [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Laws on Underglow

Dodge4life
08-22-2001, 06:52 PM
Does anybody now the laws regarding neon underglow? I live in New York if that makes a difference. But it doesn't matter if u live in a different state, i just want some input. I've heard different things from different people.
Just wanted to hear what u guys had to say before i go and ask a fine man w/ the badge and he gives me a lecture on "not driving like those other hot rods on the road."

Warlord187
08-22-2001, 07:05 PM
It varies state to state, but last time I knew it was illegal here in Michigan. What a dumbass law! :mad: Distraction my ass!!! Not any more distracting than those damn neon signs in front of businesses!

I feel a little better now. :D

Mopar4U
08-22-2001, 09:15 PM
I think in Wisconsin you can have them on as long as you are not moving. :(

Si
08-22-2001, 11:05 PM
Warlord... Damn I was banking on some for my summer car to.. Fuck, this state blows sometimes, at least there is no emissions shit..YET!

ATFCharger
08-23-2001, 07:34 AM
Yep, WI rules that if your car is evening running, but parked, neons are illegal! Car must be completely turned off and stationary. That goes for both underside kits AND the inside neons. Sux, huh? Plus that goes for any color too.

Wutang15m
08-23-2001, 09:12 AM
Well Guys for florida it goes like this. You can have the under car as long as its not white, red, or blue. But as for the inside of the car i Really dont have any idea.

Dodge4life
08-29-2001, 05:56 PM
i love the laws in Fl, or lack of them.

Starscream
08-29-2001, 06:32 PM
I love FL too, the gunshine state :) Why would you guys want neon lights under your car? To attract more rice to you? None around here want anything to do with me :(

blkbute
08-30-2001, 12:05 AM
i have an under car glow kit put on. (blue) it looks soo sweet on the black car. I drive with them on a night, I think it is illegal, but like I have never been pulled over for it, its just one of those laws. its illegal and prob will never get pulled over for it. So I would not worry about it. Personaly I think its worth going against the law and getting a ticket, you get soo many complements its not even funny.

GreenHornet
09-04-2001, 11:24 PM
In New York any kind of lighting that didn't come installed on the car when the dealer gave it to you is illegal. The cops consider it a "distraction". It's an equipment violation and you have to pay a fine of $25 or $50, I don't remember which. Your other option is to take the car to a police precinct and show a cop that you took off the offending equipment, then the ticket gets torn up. I know cause I live on long island and I had one of those neon glow license plate frames on the car a few years ago. I got pulled over. It sucked.