DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Help Needed!

725 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jackel440 
#1 ·
My windshield wipers broke! The peice that connects the wiper arm to the motor broke.. the whole peice disconnected! & now the motor will run & the bar that disconnected moves when turned on.. but I cannot connect the wiper arm back on bar.. it's under the hood.. there's a ball joint that it's supposed to go into this "round hole" & if you feel the ball joint underneath.. it feels as if there is a groove or notch it's supposed to fit into.... but when I pop the peice back in the wiper will go normal for a few swipes but then comes back out.. & the wipers stop.. PLEASE HELP!

#5 ·
Well.. for now I was ghetto.. & tied a peice of twine around both links/bars to hold it in place till I get it fixed.. hopefully it'll hold.. since I have my Christmas party to go to tonight & it'll be raining & I'll be on I-95.. which would be scary with no wipers on that highway!

If Anyone comes up with suggestions/or knows what I am talking about.. let me know.. I'll try to get a pic of it.

#9 ·
Yeah, that rain-x windshield stuff works really well. I find it keeps the windshield from icing back up after you scrape it clean in the morning.

#10 ·
On a serious note I put that rainx **** on my 1984 Plymouth Horizon and having it on the windshield increased the friction between the wipers and the windshield to such an extent that the wiper motor over heated. No joke my wipers stopped working on the highway in the middle of a heavy rain storm... I opened the hood and the motor was really hot. I waited about 15-20 minutes till it cooled and then I was fine. Went home and immediately scrubbed all that **** off my windshield and have never used it again.

#12 ·
I don't know about these newer cars but the older trucksand cars use a plastic bushing that goes in the linkage arms .It has asocket inside it with a lip on the inside that locks onto the stud on what ever piece your connecting.If you look at the stud it will have groove in it about 1/2" from the top thats what the bushing locks on to.Changed alot of them on my power wagon,charger.if thier the same thing as those you can get them at any parts store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.