DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

stereo has no lights and no memory: Climate control works but no memory as well.

859 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Rowdy 
#1 ·
The subject pretty much says it all, folks. Not much of a problem, just getting tired of adjusting everythin when I get in. Every time I start my car I must first switch from AM to FM. Then I need to find my radio station. This can be difficult because there is no display on the stereo. After I find a station, I can store it in memory channel 1, but as soon as the car is turned off the memory is dumped.

The climate control stays on 76, I can adjust and then when the car is turned off, temperature is returned to 76.

I have checked all the fuses, and have even removed the stereo in order to look for a memory wire only to find the usual + an - and the six wires for the speakers.

Do these two systems share anything in common? and Why does their memory keep dropping off?

1994 Eagle Vision TSI
3.5L

#2 ·
in the back of the stereo- one power wire needs to go to the battery and one to the acc (key) i think in mine- yellow went to the acc and a red on went to the battery? i cant remember that well though- but maybe check your wires, and switch them around to see if it makes a difference- as for the heater etc. i am not too sure on- maybe its just a faulty unit? hope that helps a little

#5 · (Edited)
How long do you let the car sit at one time? Do you have a loose connect on one of your battery terminals and it is intermittently dropping power? Is your alternator functioning properly and charging the battery to at least the minimum threshold level required to keep the modules with their memory? Also, a faulty automatic shutdown relay can cause problems too. It seems that whatever holds memory in the vehicle loses it which means it isnt getting a steady supply of voltage when the car is off. If it was a fuse, I would think it wouldnt come on at all.

#6 ·
Yeah, if you are refering to the holding down of the three buttons for a few seconds. I get nothing with that. Hell I, am not even sure if I am doing it right.

I agree with ya, I believe that my problem is in the stereo. I did ask if these two were related and I just figured out that they have to be, in order for the beeps to register in the speakers.

No, I do not let my car set long enough for the memory to be dumped. So I do not believe that the problem is there.

What about a schematic? Does anybody have a schematic on these systems? Maybe I can probe around an see where the problem is.

#7 ·
On my 97 trep (should be the same on your vision), there is a separate fuse in the junction block for the radio memory (Cavity #13 – 10 amp). It’s a fuse for what is called the M1 circuit. I believe this could also cause your ATC problem since the M1 circuit “is also used in several other circuits” according to alldata.

If the fuse is good, then you likely have an open or short somewhere in the wiring. See if you have power at the fuse first.

#8 ·
Sounds like none of the constant on leads are working, either that or someone screwed up the wiring and hooked up the constants to a keyon source.

I personally think argus is right.

If you check that fuse and its still good, you should check the radio power leads w/ a voltmeter. The pink (or pink w/ a white stripe) wire on the harness should always have power. Even when the key is off.

#9 ·
NavFlyer said:
Yeah, if you are refering to the holding down of the three buttons for a few seconds. I get nothing with that. Hell I, am not even sure if I am doing it right.
Also, it must be set to 75 degrees, for it to test.. I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.