DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

removing front bumper?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tonka 
#1 ·
does anyone know the degree of difficulty of this?

anyone have any ideas where to start?? i haven't even looked at the bumper yet... so i really have no idea what it is securing it on.

oh yeah, and will it go back on easily? :confused:

#2 ·
Are you referring to the painted body panel up front, or the actual metal "bumper" hiding behind it?

#3 ·
I think he he refering to the cover/body panel. I would like to know how to as well. I could not figure out how to get the black plastic things at the top off. The bottom is just held on by screws if i remeber right.

#4 ·
By black plastic things, are you referring to the fasteners running along the upper edge of the body panel, in front of the radiator/condensor? If so, I think you will find that if you can pry up the center section of them with a screwdriver or side cutter (about 1/4 inch or more) that whole fastener will pull right out after that. that center pin spreads out some tabs underneath the panel to lock it in place, pull the pin back up and the tabs will retract enough to pull the whole thing back out, and if your careful they are reusable.

To remove that body panel, you must also gain access to a bolt on either side of the car, the way I have done it is to partially remove the inner wheel wells, (phillips screws I think) I believe a couple have to come out anyway since they go into the panel you are removing. Reach up from the wheel well behind of the bumper panel towards the top of it, you should find a single bolt that will require a 10mm wrench or socket---remove from both sides of the car. Then, when all fasteners have been removed, the panel must be slid forward, as there are tabs on the front fenders (two per side I believe) that interlock with the bumper panel---I recommend an extra pair of hands to help with this, as it is kinda awkward by yourself, and the tabs on the fenders CAN be ripped off, as they are also plastique......

#6 ·
Its been nearly a year since I had that part of the car apart, so I advise taking your time and looking for any little odds & ends that I may have forgotten to mention....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.