DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tranny Mounts

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BCintrepid 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a problem with my rear tranny mount,,, some times she kicks really hard,,, does anyone know if it is difficult to change it,,, and how much the part costs???? thanks allot

#2 ·
I had a tranny mount replaced on my 95 Concorde and it cost $120 for the part and $30 labor. I'm not sure what mount it was, but if it only took 30 minutes to replace, I can't imagine it being a big job.

#4 ·
can this make your tranny make a big thump when comming down in speed from 20-0 mph mine does just as i am about totally stopped then big bump. feels like right in front of me in the car. i wonder what the heck it is tranny mount or motor mounts or the tranny it self going bad?

#5 ·
Wardruid said:
can this make your tranny make a big thump when comming down in speed from 20-0 mph mine does just as i am about totally stopped then big bump. feels like right in front of me in the car. i wonder what the heck it is tranny mount or motor mounts or the tranny it self going bad?
All 1st gen trannies do this to some degree. It's the 3-2 or 2-1 downshift--I can't remember which. This is the infamous "bump shift." Some folks use "bump shift" to describe other tranny woes though.

Anyway, I heard the latest TCM flash will cure this, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. It's probably not too good for the tranny mount in the long run.

#8 ·
The latest TCM flash is supposed to fix that and also fix the 3-4 EMCC shift (your rpm's rise slightly when making this shift--at least on my 97 it does). There's a separate TSB for that. Anyway the latest flash will fix those problems and any other problems.

As far as the condition of your tranny, a dealer's scantool can tell you the shape it's in by looking for any TCM errors and the CVI clutch volume indexes, then determine the wear on your tranny and predict its future life expanse fairly accurately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.