DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Vilgent's 2002 Special

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
It all started with a 1998 ES. That's what got my family hooked onto the LH line. They had picked a red version for my mom, and she had loaded it with options.

They had leased the car, however. And the offer to buy the car outright was too expensive not to get a brand new one. My mom had fallen in love with the Intrepid, and thus they picked up a inferno red 2001 R/T.

My mom moved onto a Mercedes, and the Intrepid transitioned my dad as he was between cars. The R/T was the car I remember growing up with, and the car that got me through all of the crazy **** that happened throughout high school.

I bought the car from them and had a lot of memories. From engine blowouts, to ditches, to road trips, to drag races, the R/T left an imprint in my mind and never ceased to impress me in comparison to everything else I drove.

But when the 3rd 3.5HO went out this year, I had to say farewell. I saved up for a few months and looked around; the Intrepid was the only thing that came to mind. Several disappoints and one near miss led me frustrated. Finally, things worked out, and I thought I had landed a 2000 R/T in black in perfect condition.

That changed, however. I found the 300M Special on Ebay. She seemed in good condition, the CARFAX and service history checked out, and she was at a steal. I decided to take a chance. There wasn't enough time to have a mechanic check the car out, so I risked it. I bought the car for $4,100 with 108k on it.

My dad flew down, tested it out, and the rest is history.

I took a few pics with my phone tonight, and I'll update more later on:

-------

RIP - R/T (2001-2008, 180k):

--

2002 300M Special:

Mod List:

- Nothing...yet

Dealer Pics -

--

Phone Teaser Pics -

--

More to come soon!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.