DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

weird grounding out problem

648 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  roshg 
#1 ·
Ok, i'm trying to solve this one mysterious problem with my 3.5L. When I accelerate up a hill, it will cutout and hesitate throughout the RPM ranges...but it doesn't do it if I'm going downhill and accelerating. If I'm at a light and I floor the car, the nose goes up right, so then the misfire problem happens. And I get all sorts of weird static/buzzing sounds coming from my stereo. So I think its something behind there that's grounding out. What's located behind the stereo? Also, where's the COMPUTER located in our car? Where are the main ground for the engine?

#2 ·
If no one has any ideas, can someone at least tell me where the computer is? Thanks

#3 ·
It sounds like you are just picking up noise generated by a loose ground somewhere but just because the stereo makes the sound doesn't mean it is from there. Noise from anywhere in the car will show up on your stereo sometimes. I would check your plug wires to start with.....

#4 ·
The plot thickens....I just noticed today that my car only hesitates and craps out when the tank is below 1/2 of gas. When its full, it runs perfect. What gives???

#6 ·
Hmm, interesting. Anyone had their intank fuel pump go bad in these cars? Cause I know the car had a previous fuel related problem that led the mechanic to replace the fuel filter and line from the fuel tank about a year ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.