DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

How many waterpumps on 3.5L?

814 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  b4black 
#1 ·
I am about to replace my water pump for the second time on my '95 Vision Tsi with the 3.5L because it is leaking. The car has only 55K miles on it.

Do these pumps last only 25K miles? How lame is that?

I love this car, but I am frustrated at the number of repairs needed to keep it going!

How often have you replaced you water pumps?

#3 ·
Mine failed and had to be replaced at ~35Kmi. I'm at 80K now, and plan on changing it again as a precaution whenever I change my timing belt.

I'd be willing to bet there's a LOT of 3.5L owners that have had to change their water pumps at least once.

#4 ·
Not this member. 128K+ and still ticking.

#8 ·
I don't see why your belt would have failed due to overtightening since you don't tighten the belt - there is a belt tensioner on the lower left side of the engine (when looking from the front of the car.) It is set to a certain pressure load, and that is as tight as it will make the belt.

#10 ·
I had my water pump replaced because the mechanic noticed it was starting to leak while he was in there replacing the timing belt. I did not have any problems out of it and haven't had any since it was replaced 2 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.