DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

94 Intrepid headlight problem

915 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  YB Normyl 
#1 ·
The headlights on my intrepid will not work. I have checked all fuses and they seem okay. I don't know if a switch is bad or what it could be. The headlight switch turns on the parking lights but there are no headlights or fog lights.Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to purchase new parts without knowing what it is first. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I just had the same thing happen on my '93 ES. I'll bet it's your multi-function switch. I just wrote a pretty extensive thread in the how-to section on replacing them. Take a look there.

#3 ·
when u go to engage the high beam do you get lights, if you do then its the above mentioned problem, happened to me too

#4 ·
mhmm also had the same problem, except i got smoke and such from the dash before it happened lol-but yeah it was the multifunction switch with brights and all that

BTW-im getting an odor from my dash when i run the fogs and the light switch is getting particularly hot to the touch-any ideas on what this could be?

#5 ·
TSM8210 said:
BTW-im getting an odor from my dash when i run the fogs and the light switch is getting particularly hot to the touch-any ideas on what this could be?
My guess would be that the switch is only rated to run 35w fogs. Are you running higher wattage fogs? Could be a short too, but that would likely pop a fuse.

#6 ·
The switches are junk used in GMs as well, either that or there's an engineering mismatch with the other components. A friend of mine is on her 5th one. The last one she had got so hot all the lube in the switch oozed out. So when you change yours be sure to check that the terminals are still tight cause the heat will make them expand and if they're really loose you'll have alot of arcking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.