DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Need a part number

768 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SPOOK R/T 
#1 ·
My '93 ES has a tape/radio player, but no CD. Anybody know the part number of the head unit with a CD player that came in the '93 ES?

#2 ·
go to ebay and type chrysler cd, I know for a fact that the harness in my 94 SE is the same as in my 98 Grand caravan, and you can get the am/fm/tape/cd headunit form a grand caravan for only about 150 bucks... and it will work in your trep, just make sure it isnt an infinity system.

#3 ·
I do have the Infinity system. Any idea which one(s) will work for me?

#7 ·
Well 4858518 is actually the part number of the radio offered in 1993, however that radio was disciontinued and reissued about 6 more times. 4704383AH is the current factory replacement. The new part number is the "improved replacement". What ever that means. They really all interchange except for a few special ones offered through the years.

#9 ·
Thanks everybody. When someone actually decides to hire me, I'll have the money to go out and get one!

#12 ·
DC changes parts numbers like people change socks. When i worked for chrysler dealer 3 years ago. Some times DC changed the part number 10 times in less than a year. Most of the time the go AA to AB to AC ect... The main reason is a change of the part maker. If they can find a Co. that makes a part 10 cents cheaper they will change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.