DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Paint Job Question

657 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  crombie 
#1 ·
Finally got my baby back from the tranny rebuild (1650$$$ later). For Christmas I got my new body parts. Now all I have to do is get them and the body painted. I want to go to maaco because of the good things I have been hearing. I plan on getting the "Works" package for $500+ is this any good? If not who else is good?

#3 ·
I have only ever owned one car with a maaco paint job...it didnt look too bad...but it was and old car...and a rather plain color. When it comes to bodywork...you do indeed get whay you pay for...good primer is expensive...as is good paint....it takes time to mask a car nice..remove emblems...take out lights....if you really only have little to spend....go and look at some of the work coming out of your local maaco...see if you think its acceptable
for you....do some research...so you dont end up dissappointed

#5 ·
I agree with mopar.......Maaco sucks a$$ and your car's bad paint job could be seen for miles...My 2 cents, save your money and go to a nice body shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.