DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

odomoter sensor?

889 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  argus 
#1 ·
does anyone know which sensor actually sends the signal to teh odomoter.i need to roll over my odomoter to match the new readings, just trying to figure out the easiest way to do it.

#2 ·
The TCM uses the pulses generated by the Input and Output sensors on the tranny. The TCM then sends this signal to the PCM via the bus. I’m not sure what the PCM does with the signal other than use it for cruise control and the speed limiter. The PCM might convert the pulsetrain into a voltage level if the TCM didn’t already do that. Anyway, the BCM then picks up the signal from the PCM off the bus and sends the info to the instrument cluster. (I think on 2nd gens the BCM may not be in the loop, but on 1st gens, the BCM does control the odometer as well as other functions in the instrument cluster.)

I think it’d be difficult to roll the mileage by yourself unless maybe you hooked up an oscillator to the tranny output sensor. It'd be worth a try I guess.

The best way: use a scantool to instruct the BCM to roll mileage on the odometer. I imagine this is possible. How else would a dealer set mileage on an instrument cluster replacement?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.