DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Windshield Wiper Fluid Sensor

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jasper@Galeana 
#1 ·
For about the last 6-8 months the Windshield Wiper Fluid Light has been on and its very annoying. Its a bright orange light right in the middle of the "message Center". I have checked the fluid many times and its always full. Is there anyway i can turn it off?

#2 ·
Quick background on its operation: The washer fluid level switch is a normally open switch. When the fluid is low, the switch closes and completes the circuit to illuminate the warning lamp.

You can try reseating the connector at the level sensor on the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir to see if that fixes it. If not, then most likely the switch is bad and stuck closed. You can replace the switch, or just unplug it and the light should go out. If the light stays on after you unplug the sensor, then there’s a short in your wiring or sensor connector somewhere. HTH

#3 ·
My switch has been unplugged since '97 due to the same problem. I don't mind checking the fluid the old fashioned way every couple of months.

#4 ·
Mine went out too. I'm pretty sure the switch is stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.