DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

PIAA 959's in OEM location on the '95 ES?

548 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mckellyb 
#1 ·
I've had the OEM's out, and yeah, the 959 fits almost perfectly into the then-existing 'hole', *but*...

It looks like the only way to mount them is to make some aluminum brackets which attach the lights themselves to the bumper/body, as there's a handy bolt right behind where the OEM's were. I've got some aluminum stock, and a cutter/grinder, ready to go, but does this jibe? I mean, I'd hate to get the whole front-end apart, only to find this makes the 959's point up, or worse, start melting stuff. I promised my wife I'd tackle it, before my *next* project, which is to 'lengthen' the rear shocks on my now lifted Suzuki Grand Vitara. Nothing like having your suspension constantly top out. Argh!

I *still* have a headache caused by running errands at lunch!

I ask, as now that it's the depth of winter here, up in the Pac NW, not only is it dark at like, 4:30 pm, but black, wet roads suck what little light the good-looking, but bone-headedly designed, OEM headlights manage to get to it, up. I mean, there isn't much of a difference with lights on/lights off...at least to my eyes. Sure, dark, wet roads, 'specially asphalt ones, are the worst, but still. And, to make matters worse, here: winter = rain. I had a freakin' *Suburban* pull away on me going over Santiam pass, Sunday night, as I couldn't see squat. Granted, he was better than average, as I was managing to keep about 70 mph. Don't know *how* he was doing it. Might have had night vision goggles on, I dunno....

;-)

Kelly B
'95 ES, 3.5, 108K, OEM tranny, new axles, new front end, working on being able to actually *see* at night....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.