DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tranny Issues!!

669 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SilverSpecial 
#1 ·
Ok I got my car back from a tranny rebuild. The overdrive hub was bad, need a new nuetral seleniod and it was a mess. I have noticed that the shifts are a bit BAD. Is this normal b/c its new? Will this go away? Once the RPMS get past 3 it slams into gear not shift into it. any Ideas?

#2 ·
97IntrepidES said:
Ok I got my car back from a tranny rebuild. The overdrive hub was bad, need a new nuetral seleniod and it was a mess. I have noticed that the shifts are a bit BAD. Is this normal b/c its new? Will this go away? Once the RPMS get past 3 it slams into gear not shift into it. any Ideas?
Sounds like your TCM is going through the learning process from scratch. Mine did that once, but it wasn't after a rebuild though.

I believe the TCM will raise shift points and avoid using the converter clutch until it can get a good handle on the tranny's new components and any changed clutch volumes. A dealer can perform what's called a "quick learn" procedure using a scan tool and a set of procedures, and the TCM learns the new tranny quicker that way.

Anyway, keep a close eye and nose on your tranny fluid, and shifting should become smoother over the next few driving experiences you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.