DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Rear Defroster wont work

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BCintrepid 
#1 ·
Ever since a bought my carback in June the Rear defrosters worked well. Now for about a month they dont. I replaced the reay on the ATC unit and still nothing. The Mech told me that it could be from the dying battery. Do you think thats the issue or somthing more?

#2 ·
Have you cleaned the inside of the rear window lately? Sometimes people break the little defroster strip that runs back there or they inadvertently knock the power connecter off. Surely the defroster doesn't take away enough power so as to shut off should the battery be going dead. I'd look at other solutions first.

#5 ·
I think I know what the problem is. When I installed my new speakers I took off the trim panel and possibly took the wire with it? 2morrow if the weather is better I will take the trim off and take a look. Good Idea?
That's my bet! I did the same thing when i took those trim panel off, didn't notice it until a while after, so it took me a while to figure it out. Hope that's your problem!!

-bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.