DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tail Lights

784 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Felix 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

There are alot of intrepids around here in green bay and I see some of them with the tail lights have the two little bars ( first gen only ) some light up and some don't. WTF?? Is this something they added in later years, or are the bulbs burnt out and I just need to change them (how do I access them??)

Thanks
Felix

#2 ·
I'm not sure what you mean. There are 3 bulbs in each tail light. If i remeber right, the inside one (3157) is for brakes, the outside one (3157) is for turn signal, and theres a small one (194) on the very outside that goes on w/ the parking lights.

There are some plastic wingnuts on the inside of the trunk. Unscrew them, and the taillight/reflector assembly will come off the car. The bulb harnesses/holders twist out.

#5 ·
Yeah I was talking about the reflectors, some years have them that light up... I took off the tail light yesterday and found out all I have is studs there :( booo.....

So I'm assuming if I bought some ones from a newer year or something they would light up.... and I've seen them when no car was behind them ( standing outside my house ) and they lit up...

#8 ·
HOW would you get them to light up tho? I don't think theres any space behind them like the tail lights. They are just reflectors stuck on some indents in the rear end of the car aren't they? But still, it would be pretty cool....Maybe some of that cool (expensive) flat electroluminiscent stuff....the way watches light up...I've seen where you can get that suff thats almost as thin as paper on the net somewhere....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.