DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

ATC Unit Questions

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SilverSpecial 
#1 ·
Ok. First my rear defroster just up and died. All fuses ok, no breaks on any of the grid lines and all wires ok. Then the heat only comes out cool not hot even on 90degrees. For trouble codes I came up with only a 36: ATC head communication failure. Whats up? Any ideas. How much does a new ATC unit cost

#4 ·
It displays everthing correct. When its its in auto though the only setting it goes to is either feet or feet/defrost and blower on high. I really need the rear defrosters and need to know whats goin on before I go to the dealer and get ripped off. ya now what I mean?

#5 ·
So you took a test light, turned on the defrost, grounded one end of the test light and gently touched each defrost line for power (can't remember if it the drivers side you check or the passenger side) and nothing? I can mail you an ATC head to test if you can't get one from someone else but It'll take like 4-5 days.

#7 ·
jwoair23 said:
If you have a regular heater, can you buy this and just connect it and have an ATC????
No, there's a lot more invloved like changing the heater unit harness itself, changing the blower motor resister to an ATC module, sunsensor, inside temp sensor, outside temp sensor, ATC head and extra wiring. I'm not trying to scare you and there are members doin this mod right now. For more details check the How-To section. You may already have the sensors needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.