DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

installing a new cd deck

972 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  RCE2WIN 
#1 ·
well, i think its time i swap out the old double-din cassette deck for a cd deck

just wondering how hard/easy the installation of a new cd deck is ??? is there anything i shuld know before i do the install?

#3 ·
You will mainly need two things......
1. Faceplate/holder if you purchase a single din aftermarket stereo to hold the stereo in place and cover up the remainder of the opening

2. Wiring harness

You can get these anywhere like Wal Mart or Best Buy. Most if not all wiring harnesses are labeled and tell you exactly where to connect each wire. It should take less than an hour to do depending on your skills. It may take some only fifteen minutes.

#10 ·
Yeah that is true, din-and-half...cause I was opting for a double din replacement aftermarket deck, but it won't fit. Yeah installing an aftermarket deck is super easy. First pry off the frame surrounding the stereo/climate control area. Pry it off from the bottom and it will snap out with the clips. Then unbolt the stock stereo and unplug the electrical connector and antenna. Mount the aftermarket deck to the mounting bracket adapter, then use the wire harness and connect everything up, and your done.

#11 ·
old stock cassette to new stock Cd player

hey i have a stock cassette deck (double din) ('98) and i want to replace it with a new stock cd deck ('03) with one din, does anyone know if chrystler (aka dodge) makes a converter?

Dan

#13 ·
Stock one is 1.5 DIN, as stated eariler. Not double.

What car is the stock cd deck from?

#14 ·
The Pioneer DIN.5 i have in mine is awesome. Bolted right in using the existing mounting holes and everything. Looks alot cleaner than having the mounting kit in there IMO. Careful on the wiring too b/c you're running more than just 4 speakers in these cars. 2 to the back is easy, but there are 5 up front to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.