DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Small question about the stereo equalizer

652 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Wyoon 
#1 ·
I noticed tonight that the three far left lights on my equalizer flicker occasionally.............possible stereo display going out?

Nothing else seems to be flickering-I just thought it strange that only three of the six lights would flicker and not the whole stereo. Perhaps whatever lights up the equalizer is split into two separate lights...? Maybe this is a secret code that my air pressure is low in my driver's side tires.... :p

#3 ·
Theres probably multiple bulbs like you said. Sometimes the filiment in bulbs will just bearly rip apart, and sometimes touch, and sometimes not, so it will cause blinking. If your brave w/ electronics, you could take it apart and see what kind of bulbs it takes. My guess is a 194 compatable.

#4 ·
Do you have the infinity tape deck? I'll sell you my old one if you want it. All the lights work fine in it.

#5 ·
lol I read this post earlier, and couldn't think of a good comment about your air pressure remark. :p

I think there are 2 or 3 different fuses that are responsible for powering our head units--dimming control, memory, ign/acc power, etc...

Anyway, make sure all your fuses are seated well, and both radio wire harnesses are seated well too on the back of the radio.

Other than that, it's probably something internal to the head unit unfortunately.

#6 ·
I doubt its a fuse if only some of the bulbs are going out. They should all be on the same fuse.

#7 ·
In my 93 Trepid with the infinity deck, the lights are small square LEDs. If its all three of them at one time, it prob. isn't the LEDs. You can take them out by getting the round tip off and then the LEDs are seated in some clips. You can remove and replace the LEDs if you want. (I think) I managed to find this out the hard way when I replaced my head unit with another of the same kind. The replacement was from junkyard and one light had come out. I took one off my orig. unit and put it in. Works great. Just remember that LEDs are polarity sensitive. Ya got to put them in there the right way or they just will not work. Which gives me a great idea. I could put different color LEDs in the head unit. :)

Ok, I have rambled enough.

Later

Scott

#8 ·
Thanks for all your replies. At first I just thought oh well, my deck is going out, but couldnt figure out why only three were flickering and was hoping it wasnt something else in the wiring. I will probably just put in an aftermarket cd player.

Here's a question though-I purchased my LHS a few years old and I have the Infinity system. The thing is it never sounded good at all and I was not impressed. How do all of your systems sound? Maybe my unit in the trunk was messed up to begin with and never worked correctly? It just doesnt sound all that great. I never expected it to have that aftermarket sound, but at least pump out some good music and it doesnt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.