DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

My Electronic Heater has gotten possessed!

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  roshg 
#1 ·
Ok, today I'm driving back from work and just enjoying how the car is performing now after I fixed a sensor and vacuum leak problem. Just then when I'm thinking what a great car this is, some demon posseses my heater. It goes BLANK and to full blast blower mode, full crank cold mode. None of the controls work, they all dead, can't turn it off, can't use AUTO nothing! Lucky for me it was blowing up against the windshield, otherwise I would have froze to death. I pulled over, turn the car on/off...still nothing. As soon as I restarted the car, it tortures me all over again. So I get home, pull the fuse to the heater and blower...plug it back in, turn the car on again...same ****. Now what TO DO?! Looks like its stuck in that mode, unless in the morning it will go back to normal..who knows? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#3 ·
How do you do that? Put the ATC in debug mode? I can't do anything with the climate controls, nothing works on it in terms of buttons and adjustments.

#7 ·
ok thanks guys, I will pop the thing out and see if I got any loose connections.

#9 ·
Damn, I was hitting it today in hopes it will take a beating and stop its insane ways...but no luck! How hard to I have to beat on it?

#12 ·
haha, no not yet. Anyways, I havent' had the time to yank it out to see if there are any bad grounds. I manage to fix the problem but just making sure its on AUTO mode all the time. Then it won't act up. Guess it wants to be in control all the time...sorta like a women.

#14 ·
i have the same problem with my heater and i seriously have to beat the living hell out of it to get it to cooperate sometimes

#15 ·
YB Normyl said:
:hehe: I don't mind women being in an ontop position. ;)
Umm...ME TOO!:biggrin:

#16 ·
spatulahunter said:
i have the same problem with my heater and i seriously have to beat the living hell out of it to get it to cooperate sometimes
ok sounds like mine needs some serious physical abuse!:mad:

#17 ·
mine has the same problem, I can't figure it out but I don't have to beat on mine real hard, I just tap it a few times on the bottum right hand corner and it works again. I also get the com failure (code 36 I think) when I do the debug mode check. I'll test the wires next and post again here if I find anything. The connections for the wire harness are right where I tap but on the other side of the ATC unit so that could be a hint.

#18 ·
I just had the same "posetion" with the heater. But also all the gauges stopped working..

#19 ·
What the heck?! Where the heck is the electronics made in these things, Haiti or somethin?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.