DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

weird gauges

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  squiggy 
#1 ·
i have a 95 intrepid and all the warning lites and the dash gauges don,t work along with some weird trans. problems (seems to be in 1st or 2nd gear) i cant read the codes couse the warning lites don,t work the trans selector does some goofy things too. the gauges do come on sometimes but not all at once. i looked inder the hood for some bad wires but didn,t see any. any help ????:confused:

#3 ·
Actually it would be in 2nd gear--search "limp mode" or "transmission/tranny problems" and ull find out a good deal im sure

as for the gauges, fuses are a good starting point as was suggested, from there on all i can say is that the wiring in these cars apparently sucks as i have had numerous problems-probably easiest to just have it checked at a shop-but maybe others on the site can offer suggestions for the electrical problems-good luck

and although ur having problems, welcome to the site :)

#7 ·
#10 ·
I don't think it's necessarily the TCM, but it could be. Have you altered the wiring in your car recently by adding an aftermarket alarm or anything?

IMO, you may be wasting your money by buying a TCM at this point, at least until you can pin point the problem. Unfortunately, you're probably going to need to make an appointment and have a scantool download the trouble codes from the TCM and find why its going into the limp mode.

When you say no gauges, do you mean no speedo, or are all gauges not working?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.