DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

94 Running rough..

617 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Djnrg 
#1 ·
My 94ES has stored codes 12, 31, 35. It really 'bucks' when driving and the cruise light flickers. The tranny seems to be shifting normally so I don't think it's in limp mode. Last night in the driveway, ideling in P, the rpm surged a couple times (idle 750/surge 1500) then the engine quit. I tried to see if it had stored any new codes but something electrical was going on and it would not test. Sitting there with the ignition on/engine off I could hear what I thought was the fuel pump (right rear area of car) cycling on and off continously. After this the car started right up and resumed its surging. It has 206K and ran great until this started...Help!

#2 ·
Surging is usually a symptom of leaking intake manifold gaskets.....a common problem with the 3.5, but not terribly expensive to fix... It could be your idle air controller too, causing a rough, and wandering idle. But like I said, bucking and surging would most likely be the intake manifold gaskets. Did you check what codes 31 and 35 were? I can't remember them off the top of my head. Code 12 means the battery has been disconnected in the past 50 start ups or so..no big deal...I get that code all the time cause I am constantly playing with my car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.