DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Help my Trep Starts Runs for 30 Seconds then Stalls.

610 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CTtrep 
#1 ·
My 93 3.3L car is having a problem starting. It had been running fne when it sprung a head gasket leak. Went in and had the heads machined yadda yadda yadda.. Put it back together and it won't start now. Car has sat for a week. The problem is the car will start and it sounds fine..for about ten-15 seconds. But suddenly the car begins to gasp for fuel. It chokes a few times and then dies. Holding down the gas gets it to go a bit longer but it eventually dies within a minute. Took the air intake off and sprayed a little carb cleaner into the throttle body as the car idled and it keeps the car running didnt sound great but engine isnt meant to be run on Carb Cleaner. That says to me its the car not getting enough gas. Has anyone else expeirenced this problem? Is it a sensor or the Fuel Filter? is it my injectors? Is it an ignition problem? I dont think its the idle controler and if the car is at idle and u press the pressure valve on the fuel rail it will spit out fuel so you know its got pressure but my brother is bringing a pressure check for tomorrow. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.