Hello all [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Hello all

98lxi
01-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone here. I just got rid of a Grand Am GT that had a similar site to this that i participated in frequently. I had the privilage of making many of my own parts for that car and now am looking forward to doing the same thing on my new much nicer car. I have only had my Concorde for not even a month, but I've already gotten my complete sterio stuff in it, and changed the interior lights to blue. Also, I have gotten a hands free kit installed by verison, one of the nice ones.

Right now it's too cold where I live to do engine mods, but I'm looking into engine mods. My real question was whether or not the engines for the dodge intrepids 3.2L engine, and the engines for the concorde 3.2L engine are exactly the same? Will the aircharger from K&N work for my concorde, and which one would i get??? the one for the 2.7, or the 3.5... help?

Ravin
01-12-2003, 11:38 PM
welcome to the site....and i am pretty sure they are the same setups, some of the second generation guys in here will have a more deffinitive answer for ya.

IntrepidXJ
01-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 98lxi
Right now it's too cold where I live to do engine mods, but I'm looking into engine mods. My real question was whether or not the engines for the dodge intrepids 3.2L engine, and the engines for the concorde 3.2L engine are exactly the same? Will the aircharger from K&N work for my concorde, and which one would i get??? the one for the 2.7, or the 3.5... help?

yes, but 3.2's are exactly the same. they are also the same as the 3.5 (just different displacement).

the 2.7 is different from the 3.2/3.5

JoeKD
01-12-2003, 11:44 PM
yes, the concode and the trep have identical motors so all performance parts will interchange

you can either run the K&N kit part #63-1029 or I also have my intakes for sale here http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15374

YB Normyl
01-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Welcome to the board. What color is your Concorde and do you have pics yet? I see you want to do something with your front end (grille) I like the woven wire mesh grilles. The Concorde is the same body as the LHS and the newer Limited, that said you can put LHS style Headlights, taillights, front bumper and rear bumper on your Concorde as well as rocker cladding.

dabirdzR/T
01-13-2003, 02:14 PM
welcome

concordia
01-13-2003, 02:58 PM
welcome fellow LXi owner!:cool:

98lxi
01-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by nightravin13
welcome to the site....and i am pretty sure they are the same setups, some of the second generation guys in here will have a more deffinitive answer for ya.
Thanx for the welcome

98lxi
01-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid99

yes, but 3.2's are exactly the same. they are also the same as the 3.5 (just different displacement).

the 2.7 is different from the 3.2/3.5
Thanks for the info. You know, I emailed K&N asking if their 3.5L setup would work, and the guy just emailed me back. 'for your car we offer a drop in filter'. I was pissed, but thanx

98lxi
01-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by YB Normyl
Welcome to the board. What color is your Concorde and do you have pics yet? I see you want to do something with your front end (grille) I like the woven wire mesh grilles. The Concorde is the same body as the LHS and the newer Limited, that said you can put LHS style Headlights, taillights, front bumper and rear bumper on your Concorde as well as rocker cladding.

My LXI is gold. My car doesn't look good enough to have pics yet. I'm waiting for the summer to do stuff to it, and then i'll take pictures. I like the mesh grilles too, i think it will look real good. As for the ideas on the bumpers, i like the idea of changing the rear bumper to the one on the LHS. Unfortunately, being a college student, it will be interesting to see what kinda funds i can come up with, lol. But good ideas, and info, thanks

98lxi
01-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by concordia
welcome fellow LXi owner!:cool:

I'm assuming that we're few and far between!

Dougman
01-15-2003, 03:44 AM
Welcome to the site 98lxi I hope you enjoy the people and ideas in here as much as I do.