DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Misc. Window/Trunk Gaskets

612 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BCintrepid 
#1 ·
I bought my '93 3.3L about 6 months ago, and the previous owner had attempted to replace several of the door seal gaskets. Now that I've finished that work for him (or her), I'm finding lots of gaskets that are just old and brittle. (Hey, I'd expect that on a 10 year old car.)

Specific gaskets and seals that I'm in search of: The weather seal ring which surrounds the back of the trunk. The gaskets which surround the tail lights. (It'd be nice if the trunk didn't always have a pool of water surrounding the spare.) The seal/strip which rides the back of the driver's side front window, along the pillar (ours is old and brittle and the wind noise is annoying as all hell).

Does anyone have ideas of where to find these kinds of things? I've checked several auto parts stores in hopes that they'd have a refurbish/remanufacture kit on hand that I could cut to a custom length. No dice. I'm about to go to Home Depot and Lowe's and make something creative out of weather tape. FWIW, the dealership _did_ quote me $100 for the driver's door pillar strip. That's a bit more than I'm looking to spend for wind noise prevention.

-CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.