DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

oil leak?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  silver97trep 
#1 ·
sorry to keep buggin u guys and gals but ive been tunin up my car lately

ok the prob is i was changing the spark plugs yesterday and in the top feft tube i found oil and when i pulled the spark plug out it was coated in it i have not had problems like delay or hard starts but would like to know what this is and how to fix it
i have a 94 3.5L

#2 ·
Have a similar problem.

Chrysler had to do some work on my 97 3.5 (O-Ring Recall x2). While they were in there and had my intake off I had them replace the valve cover gaskets. They also said something about the spark plug tube leaking (or something to that effect).

Might check that out. It will require pulling the valve cover, which in turn requires pulling the intake. Not a major deal if you don't mind aluminum and watch your torque.

#3 ·
so the problem was a recall? so can i call the local dodge dealer and they will fix it?

#5 ·
eddie2001 said:
sorry to keep buggin u guys and gals but ive been tunin up my car lately

ok the prob is i was changing the spark plugs yesterday and in the top feft tube i found oil and when i pulled the spark plug out it was coated in it i have not had problems like delay or hard starts but would like to know what this is and how to fix it
i have a 94 3.5L
You know you could try changing your oil to Valvoline Max Life. It has special seal replenishing additives for older engines. My Trep has a lot of kms and since I started using this product at every oil change I notice the oil sweat around my valve covers has either slowed down or stopped...I don't get that odd smell of oil burning now. Mind you it takes quite a bit of miles before it starts to penetrate the seals...if it will at all. It may be worth a try for your car and it is relatively inexpensive.

#6 ·
yeah i was looking more along the mechanical fix i dont like using that oil or fuel additive stuff(may just be me but i dont trust it)

#7 ·
Hey Ant...

I use Valvoline Max-Life myself. Gaskets will get old and crack....all of them do. I use it, and don't have one drop of oil ANYWHERE it's not supposed to be.

I never use Slick 50, or any of that teflon garbage fuel additives, but Max-Life is different. It is a good quality oil with a little gasket enhancer in it. just my 2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.