DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Light in radio

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  vision 
G
#1 ·
Hi.
Yesterday, when I turned on the headlights, I noticed that the light in my radio turned off - radio still works, but no display. All other lights are OK (AC, instruments ect....) When i turn off headlights, light in radio is OK again......Does anyone know why ???

#2 ·
Whenever you turn the headlights on, all the interior lights go to a dimmed setting. I'm not sure, but if the dim setting for the radio has it's own filament, maybe the filament broke.

#5 ·
Yeah, I wasn't really thinking. I posted my response thinking along the lines of headlights. I don't even know that the stereo face would have bulbs in it, as it is a digital display. I'll alter my answer to say that the dimmed digital display had something go out in its circuitry.

#6 ·
my factory cd player deck all lights went off except for equalizer. but sometimes the display will come on. or else sometiems just the button lights will come on does anyone know why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.