Hi From Ohio [Archive] - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat

: Hi From Ohio

Chuck94
04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi All- I have a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker that I bought new many moons ago. What a great car! I still use it for my daily driver. And get this...the car was built on my birthday. How do you like that?

A couple of years ago a tree fell on the car while parked in my driveway. The tree collapsed the front of the roof and busted-out the windshield. I had the car towed to a buddy's auto shop and by using the arms of their lift through my front side windows, were able to get the roof pushed up to where we could get a new windshield installed.

Can you believe that!? It doesn't even leak. What a job, but the roof doesn't look so hot. :grlaugh:

The car has always sat out and I'm starting to get some rust behind the drivers rear wheel. Maybe I can learn how to fix that on this site.

On 2/2/09 I ordered a '09 Challenger R/T. I'm getting allocated for the car in April for a May Delivery. That is if Chrysler stays in business. But I have absolutely no intention of getting rid of my New Yorker. That car is staying.

That's it for now. Hoping to meet some other LH owners.

300maximilien
04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome.

Why do you have to wait for an R/T?? There is a dealer here with 2 sitting on the front line.

Admin
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forum:)

Duds
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Welcome from Toledo Ohio

Squilliam
04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. Kudos on deciding to keep your LH. You're a good person, even though you're from Cleveland.lol.

crypt keeper
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Welcome from Ocala FL.

shadowvox6
04-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome on board...
We have some members that live near you...even though you are in Cleveland!!
J/K...if you need anything, just ask!!

Daytrepper
04-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Welcome!! Glad to see another Ohio member, hope to see you at one of the Ohio meets!

Chuck94
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

As far as ordering a Challenger rather than buying off the lot, I figured that the car would take a couple of months to get built. And when I ordered, there was two feet of snow on the ground. Not a good time to take delivery.

My Challenger went to D1 status on April 2 and has a build date of April 14....next week. I should receive the car either the last week of April or the first week of May. Is it OK to post pictures when I get it?

Thanks again everyone.

Daytrepper
04-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

As far as ordering a Challenger rather than buying off the lot, I figured that the car would take a couple of months to get built. And when I ordered, there was two feet of snow on the ground. Not a good time to take delivery.

My Challenger went to D1 status on April 2 and has a build date of April 14....next week. I should receive the car either the last week of April or the first week of May. Is it OK to post pictures when I get it?

Thanks again everyone.

Absolutely! Post some pics, and stop by one of the Ohio meets with it!

intrepid1994
04-13-2009, 02:51 PM
welcome to the site and we love pictures of all Mopars and they'll be in business for long time to come

The_Mafiosy
04-19-2009, 01:09 PM
welcome on the board!

Chuck94
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I haven't been here for awhile. My fault, but I've been spending my time on a Challenger forum learning about my new Challenger.

I picked-up the car on April 27, and have been smiling ever since. :) What a car! This car is really built right....no rattles, goes like mad, and the car is really TIGHT. One thing I'm not used to are all the looks I get. I just look straight ahead now.

I still use my '94 New Yorker as my daily driver and it runs great. It's just starting to show a little rust around the driver wheel well. The car still looks good though even with the dented roof from the tree. Oh well.

Here are some pictures of my Challenger. The stripe is aftermarket.

The day I picked it up.
http://i28.tinypic.com/vqm6oh.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2enn4m1.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2vihx7d.jpg

Duds
08-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice ride! Are the wheels metal?

Chuck94
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Nice ride! Are the wheels metal?

The wheels are the stock 18" brushed aluminum. The optional 20" wheels are chrome clad (plastic clad). I like the 18's better.

It's my dream car. Sometimes you just have to do it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments.

Duds
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
The wheels are the stock 18" brushed aluminum. The optional 20" wheels are chrome clad (plastic clad). I like the 18's better.

It's my dream car. Sometimes you just have to do it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments.

Okay, I was looking at the dealer and saw the wheels were plastiv... was not sure if they were the metal or not on your car.
Seems odd one would upgrade to plastic?? lol

Yours looks awesum. I am jealous!!