DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Intake Manifold Gasket

938 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  trutrep 
#1 ·
Hi, my mom has a 95 eagle vision TSi w/ 3.5L motor. Her car has an annoying shake at idle and according to most of you it could just as well be the intake manifold gasket. Her check engine light doesn't come on so could that still be it? Her plugs are fine, I checked them, all tan withing around 50 thousandths. Getting the the gasket on won't be a problem. I can do it myself. But please let me know if the CEL light needs to be on to have a faulty intake manifold gasket. Thanks,-Brad

#2 ·
if the leak is bad enough it could set off a lot of codes. misfire for any cylinder or a random misfire, or something more along the lines of two sensors disagreeing (this happened when mine went - said the TPS and MAP disagreed and threw a code). mainly the crummy engine performance is the best clue.

#3 ·
Well, my mom and me went to auto zone tonight to get the gasket. It came with every gasket for the manifold including the gaskets for the lines that go into the manifold. So for 12 bucks it was worth it. I changed the plugs tonight with standard champion plugs and my god! The power difference! The spark plugs that were in there previously were gapped 20 thousandths UNDER !!!! Now with the new plugs gapped to 50 thousandths it has alot more kick to it and runs better, but it seems I have a vacum leak, so after this it should be set! Thanks,-Brad

#6 ·
I did not get any codes at first, just an irratic idle. I think over time the leak got worse and then my engine started misfiring. The rough idle got much worse also...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.